COVID-19 Testing Program
In support of community-based testing
Ochsner Health is asking residents of Orleans and Jefferson Parishes to participate in a FREE screening to see if they are or have been infected with Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Participants will receive their personal results within 24-72 hours, and this study will help local leaders better understand actual infection rates and how the city can safely reopen.
Who Should Participate?
Note: You must not have tested positive for COVID-19 previously, as those individuals have already been included in this research.
Do I Qualify To Participate?
When Can I Participate?
Starting on May 9th, we will offer testing for 4-5 days or until we reach our goal of 2500 people.
You will receive a text message from our partners at ReNOLA if you are selected to participate.
The text will tell you about locations where testing is available.
What do I have to do to be part of the study?
Head to one of the testing sites where you will get information about being in the study.
Give your verbal consent to participate in the study and answer about 3 minutes of survey questions.
Have a blood draw.
Get a nasal swab.
Frequently Asked Questions
- We will collect your name, contact info, and date of birth to make sure that testing results are delivered to the correct person.
- We collect demographic information like age, gender, race, and ethnicity to help public officials understand who has been most impacted by COVID-19.
- However, your personal information (like name and contact info) will NOT be shared outside of Ochsner.
- Your testing information will tell us how widespread COVID-19 has been across communities in New Orleans.
- You will have access to testing that is not available to everyone.
- Testing will be completely free of charge.
- You will find out if you have, or have had, COVID-19.
- The New Orleans public will know how widespread COVID-19 has been, which can help us understand how and when to re-open.
- Because testing was so limited when the pandemic started, we didn’t test everyone who caught the disease.
- Some people don’t even have symptoms but can spread it to other people.
- We want to know how many people have had COVID-19 and figure out what percentage of the population might be immune to it.
- This study will tell YOU if you already have antibodies to COVID-19. If you do, you may be eligible to donate plasma to help sick patients.
Fill out the form. If you are selected, you will be contacted via text with instructions on where and when you can be tested.